Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Observations Week of 9/20/10

Monday 9/20/10

Observing from my driveway in Northern Sarasota.
Observation Time: 9:00 P.M.
Findings: During my observation session, I saw a waxing gibbous moon a bit north of due eastward with Jupiter located slightly north of the moon. Although unable to be spotted by the naked eye, Uranus was also located very near to Jupiter.  Across the heavens in the western sky was Venus setting at the same time.

Tuesday 9/21/10

Observing from my driveway in Northern Sarasota.
Observation Time: 9:00 P.M.
Findings: During my observation session, I once again saw the waxing gibbous moon although it was very difficult to distinguish from a full moon as the full moon is approaching in the very near future. Again, Jupiter could be seen in the east near the moon although it was now located slightly south of the moon, although my viewing time may have slightly varied and the moon may have moved a more significant distance as it is much closer to us.  Again Venus was located in the western sky.

Wednesday 9/22/10

Observing from my driveway in Northern Sarasota.
Observation Time: 9:00 P.M.
Findings: During my observation session, the moon was again visible due east and it was extremely close to its full moon stage. Jupiter was now noticeably south of the moon and as of the previous days, Uranus again went unseen but located closely nearby.  Today however, I was unable to see Venus setting in the west, possible as a result of trees blocking my view from my observation point in my location.

No comments:

Post a Comment